Ep.92 Data-Driven Government: The Role of CIOs with Brian Benn, CIO at the Atlanta Housing Authority
[Special Re-release episode]
Featuring Brian Benn, CIO at the Atlanta Housing Authority
Connect with Brian on LinkedIn
These companies make the podcast possible, so go check them out and thank them for their support!
Nagarro Public Sector - Diamond Sponsor
And a huge thank you to Nagarro Public Sector. This live podcast would not be possible without the support and love of Nagarro. Nagarro Public Sector excels at helping senior technology leaders in digital disruption from Cloud, AI, Big Data, and digital product engineering to system integration work across platforms. To learn more about Nagarro, check out nagarro.com.
Sponsor: The TechTables Suite Talk Series [Live Events]
Join us for these small, intimate live podcast conversations across the U.S.
May 18th in Austin, TX at the Commodore Perry Estates
June 17th in Sacramento, CA at the SimpliGov Offices
July 22nd in Raleigh, NC at The Dock at Seaboard Station
September 16th in Milwaukee, WI
October in Tallahassee, FL
The daily planner for busy professionals. Organize everything you need to do today in one place. Tasks, meetings, emails, you name it. Grab a free trial at https://sunsama.grsm.io/techtables
- Background as a NASA software engineer to wanting to move to the PHA side.
- Digital transformation is a buzzword, but I want to push back a little bit because everyone said they had a digital transformation plan before Covid and then got blown up in early 2020. Gary Brantley and I laughed that no one had this in their strategic plan coming into 2020. Where is the Atlanta Housing Authority at with its digital transformation journey right now?
- What do you think about innovation and leveraging cutting-edge technology on the PHA side?
- Let’s talk about the narrative with CIOs like yourself who experience from C-Suite that IT is simply a cost center. You had some great points in your last podcast on changing the narrative along with a new mindset & shareholder-like buy-in. Expand upon that for us today. This might be more on the CTO side – but – how can the PHA leverage new analytics about its participants to make better decisions? Is this something you’re thinking about?
- What’s your technology vision for the public housing authority in Atlanta post-Covid?
- Lastly, before we hit the 60 Second “TechTables” segment – what’s the number one problem you seek to solve as the CIO at the Atlanta Housing Authority? 60 Second “TechTables” What do you know now that you wish you had known at the beginning (either personal, business, or blend)? LeBron James or Steph Curry?
- What are your top 3 personal development books you’d recommend right now?
Want to dive deeper? Check out my episode on TechTables - https://www.techtables.com/
Thank you for supporting Levity Media LLC ❤️, a small business growing public sector technology communities through fun and engaging conversations with top technology leaders. Learn more about Joe Toste (me) at https://www.joetoste.com/about/
See what episodes I'm creating at https://www.techtables.com/